Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Departmental Week

Pix 1 & 2 Rag day celebration (can u spot me?)

Our departmental week was a huge success. It was a big way to celebate our promotion to 400level (Do you think it is easy?). For somebody like me, it was a very challenging one. I went through hell trying to combine school with a part-time work I do. It was vey tedious, I must commend myself for the bravery. I must commend myself for burning so much candles in the middle of the night, yet getting only few Cs and Es to show for it. My first semester result was really bad. 4 carry-overs! And I had 2 carry-overs the previous one, so I had to struggle for 6COs if I must grad. These lecturers are wicked!
Well, life goes on. We mustn't kill ourself because we want to read. And for the little we've achieved, we need to rejoice. That was the idea behind our dept-week. We had a rag-day, a 'suya nite', pool party and finally an award nite.
The Rag day caleberation is one of the most memorable events I participated in during my jambite days. For your info, I've spent 3 and 1/2 years in school and the sojourn was really challenging (No thanks to ASUU strike, student unrests and sky-rocketing school fees that added not just extra months but extra burdens). Of course, students will always relax, gyrate and navigate. To celebrate our elevation to the final lap, we decided to stage a 'rag-day' celebration (pls don't call us agbaya).
The Rag
The event started with a rag demonstration. Everybody came to school with 'rags' (not really the one you use to clean the floor). We called it 'colour-riot' mode of dressing. This is just to show that we are rejoicing. Our rag-day was a different ball game, not the type that students run on the street begging for alms. We were singing and dancing around campus for the whole day in our crazy outfits.
One guy actually dressed like Denrele of Sound City (Sure you know him). It was just fun galore, we enjoyed it.
Suya Nite
At the back of the Arts Block, we had a small 'suya' party. There was enough to eat and drink. We slaughtered an "ewure" and prepared it in form of suya and perper soup. It was oh lalah!
Pool Party
After the whole walk, we finally unwinded at a pool side. It was a big swimming party in a top-spot in Ikeja. We had unlimited fun. A friend of mine got drunk at the event. She fell inside the swimming pool while dancing but was quickly rescued. That was the most funny part of the pool party.
Dinner/Award Nite
The last day of our paper was the dinner/award nite. It was a nice of class. I went to the event with my new gown. Don't worry I will upload pictures asap. The most memorable part was that I got an award. I was voted the "Best Gossip" in the department. Its an achievement jo!

32 comments:

Sola Folowosele said...

waoooooh! lots of boooty!!! this must be a Dept. of Ladies Affairs..no single guy!
well congrats on your "promtion".
wishing God's grace to complete the rest

Sola Folowosele said...

still tryn to spot u in da mix..gv me a clue

Sola Folowosele said...

and congratz on yr "award" as "best gossip"..im not surprised,u really deserve it!

Anonymous said...

"olofofo of the year". Congrats!

Yewande Atanda said...

@Mr. sola
why are u not surprised dat i won dat award? Am i really a gossip?

meanwhile, my class is the booty community.

@anonymous
thankx. "ofofo lere" (gossiping is lucrative).

SOLOMONSYDELLE said...

congrats on the educational accomplishment and on getting Best Gossip, of course. lol!

Lati said...

I love this babe!!! Awesome!!! Looool! It's good to let your hair down once in a while! U work hard and play harder!!! that's the rule!! :D

P.S. pix asap and I cnt tell which one is u!! Mayb the tall girl in RED in the 2nd pic??

Lati said...

u r in the front showin your 32 =) beside d girl in red and grey top!

princekay123 said...

Wande T

Which one is up for grab among these pretty daughters of eve?

Well, I'm sure u'll love to hear among 9ice @ MOBO Awards. See
http://www.facetgrapevine.blogspot.com/

Cheers!

Sola Folowosele said...

@yewande atanda-lol@"am i really a gossip"....YES now, u no know before?..still trying to locate u in the pix

Chris Ogunlowo said...

Lots of carryovers, and u still dey flex like this? ehn? u need to be spanked. Seriously.

I can spot you... u're beside the lady behind the fair complexioned lady who is leaning on the fine chic who is.... ooops, i can't spot you ;)

How u dey?

aloted said...

congrats o...going to uni no be yam!!!


Best gossip ke?? ah! lol..So if i need any classified gist i shld come to u abi?

Yewande Atanda said...

@sollomonsydelle,
thanks my broda.

@latifa,
Much luv here. i was overwhelmed when i read ur profile. u're surely rising high (a PhD in view).

seems u have interest in Women Empowerment and Equality issues. i also read and write a lot about dem. more time to yarn sha!

@princekay123,
they are all for grabs. "money for hand, back for ground". am sure u know that.

thanks for posting on 9ice's MOBO success. my 'guy' is going places. its his time, let him enjoy.

@sola folowosele,
are u abusing me or congratulating me?

@aloofar,
dear, u wan to spank me for just 6 carry-overs (wen others are having 13)? abeg i don try. i no be 'effico' so i gat to flex.

nevertheless, thanks dear.

@aloted,
thanks dear. feel free to holla me for gossips. i am a pro! its not easy to bag dat award in a class of 150 students (2 guys & 148 opekes).

Sola Folowosele said...

anyone you take..hehehe..

Lati said...

Dnt be overwhelmed..life is what u make it baby! Dream big and work harder!

Yes o Wendy! I never notice I'm one of the two girls in my class in uni! So I've always reach for the sky! yes holla later...if u use online msgers holla...

AustynZOGS said...

My first time here.Great and interesting blog you got.You are so funny.

Yewande Atanda said...

@sola folowosele
Thanks! I'll take the commendation.

@latifa
I'll holla as soon as i fix my laptop. I just formatted it so i'll get the engineer to load d chatting software later this week. Thanks.
Hope you're enjoying urself sha.

@austynzogs
Thanks for visiting and ur candid comment. You're welcome.

ShadeCrown said...

love da colours

Eyin'ju Oluwa said...

LOL@best gossip, odikwa serious.

Congrats love, keep it up.

Buttercup said...

Hey babe! Thanx for stoppin by..yup, the ex is def stayin ex..i'll be back to read all ur posts, im actually on my way to write an exam..ugh!

Btw i also love 'ole ku'!

Unknown said...

I miss home o

Geebee said...

(From my blog)
Thanks for checking in. Oh so u don't pray for having to get married cos of pregnancy and yet it's no big deal . . . hmmm. Well i want to agree with u to some extent. Love is the key word here and once it exists, then they've a rollercoaster ride to look forward to.

For the first time I got to realise the Ds probably weren't too wrong not to invite me with a card or something much more special. I hadn't really been keeping in touch that much actually, you know how it is now. But then they hadn't been doing thesame as well. Anyway sha, it's good to learn more rules of friendship sometimes. Thx a mil. Hope u'll be regular.

Buttercup said...

awww sounds like fun!! congrats on makin it to 400level..

thank God ur friend was rescued o..

LMAO @ ur award!!!

Anonymous said...

hmmn!!!! are u in engineering? this one that u guyz took a photo in front of Julius Berger hall...

doll (retired blogger) said...

Nice blog. As per ur carry overs. If u are putting in a lot of effort without results, then something may be wrong with the pattern. Try attending classes regularly and pay attention, it will reduce ur reading hours and will make u more efficient and effective

lol@ amebo award

Dami said...

y'all are looking fine in those pics. Congrats.

Geebee said...

School’s fun especially when exams are over and you’re stepping into the final year. Good for you, gurl. Hope u don’t forget ur books during the hols now. lol. No disrespect now but that resultof urs could be much better. Congrats on ur award o.

I've begun the series on my blog and the cast list is out. wanna check it out? Takia

Chris Ogunlowo said...

I've added you on googletalk nau!

Howdy

Yewande Atanda said...

@sha
thanks for loving the colours. you're great too.

@omosewa
you're one of the few bloggers i admire a lot. thanks for being consistent babe. and thanks for congratulating me.

@buttercup
how was the exam? thanks a million dear. 'Ole Ku' is an evergreen; i still watched it this morning!

@olamild
bera u come back home now b4 it is ttoo late. lots of luv here.

@gbengasile
thanks a million darling.
i'm happy u agree wit medat friendship is all about forgiving. u need to forget and forgive. then try to keep in touch wit ur friends. they are ur 'network', and ur network means 'networth'.

@buttercup
thanks a load! i'm so happy i am in 4oo. i can't wait to grad!

@chari
i'm in Bus. Adm. Do u think i can stand Engineering? even this one that i'm doing is causing me hell of trouble.

@doll
thanks for the encouragement. i really appreciate.
whats funny abt amebo award?

@iyalode
thanks dear.

@gbengasile
u're a darling (1 million kisses). thanks for the encouragement. i know i'm not dull; its because i work part-time and also school at the same time. its not easy, but i know i'm tyring. thanks dear.

@aloofar
holla me and lets chat. i'm ready.

@all
THANKS. much luv here!

Yewande Atanda said...

@doja
really?

Buttercup said...

It went well o, thanx babe....i havent seen ole ku in years!

Lati said...

yes oh sweety im truly njoyin life...cnt complain!