Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Drama in Hospital


I’d been very ill lately. I was diagnosed of typhoid fever. Certainly, it was the stress and enjoyment I had two weeks ago that culminated in the sickness. I really overstressed myself and of course I paid dearly for it. The most memorable part of the scenario however was not the sickness part but the ‘drama’ that happened at the hospital. It was very funny, that’s why I called it drama.

Sit back, relax and enjoy my story…

The Stress
It started two weeks ago when my boss forced me to work for 48 hours non-stop. My boss (a crazy whiteman) is only interested in whatever brings cash, and I know that for sure. I wouldn’t blame him on the other hand because we had a very challenging job to handle and I was the most competent hand to handle the job. I am the only professional left in the small firm since three of our most experienced members of staff left two months ago. I had to shoulder the responsibility, though it also came with a very hot, juicy package.
“We had sacrificed two months for you to write your exams so you have no choice but to commit your time to this project. We must not fail in doing this job Wande. You know the kind of trust our clients have in us,” my boss said patting my back.
Of course, I know there is no need for him to persuade me. I must do the job because I have no choice. I had to carry the burden of working from Thurday night to Sunday afternoon non-stop and without rest. I accepted the proposal at the expense of a date I had with a new toaster.
Looking back, I know I owe the company a lot. First, I was employed only with an OND and a certified membership of NIMN and placed ahead of first degree holders. Second, I was given a permanent ‘student status’ that enables me to go to school while still working. And recently, I was allowed a ‘two-month with pay’ grace to write my exams in spite of the fact that I had already taken my sick leave and some other bonuses. For these reasons, I chose to work extra miles and landed in the hospital.

The Fear
My illness started with sneezing, coughing, vomiting, catarrh, and the big one, diarrhea. My mum was scared; she thought I was pregnant. She kept asking me “when did you see your period last.” I was very furious. How can she ask that kind of question in the presence of my elder sisters? I was really mad at her.
I tried to use different drugs but nothing happened. So, I had no choice but to go to the hospital.

Randy Doctor
The doctor on duty was this crazy chap that was just staring at my cleavage. He was just caressing my body stylishly while examining me physically. I wonder why he wanted to see my stomach when I complained of diarrhea. I guess it’s because my mum asked him to carry out a pregnancy test first. I later did the test and was confirmed negative. I was a little bit scared when the randy doctor was trying to pull my legs.
To my greatest surprise, my mum told me that she learnt the doctor has paid my bill. I was equally angry. What was the intention of the randy doctor? I was about leaving when a nurse walked up to me and gave me an envelop. I tore it open and saw a note addressed to me, of course by the same doctor. The content says:

Hi Yewande,
I can't take my eyes off you since the very day I
saw you. I will like to be your best friend. Pls,
text your number to (his phone number). I'll call
immediately,
Doctor Wale
(not his real name)

At least to appreciate his kind gesture, i sent a message to his phone. He called immediately as promised and that was how we met.

...I'll update with more gists as event unfolds. Thank God I am now fully back on my feet.

36 comments:

LG said...

awww pele dear'thank God u r beta now

LG said...

*as per randy doctor......watch ya back o I CANT SHOUT

Chris Ogunlowo said...

Hey Hawtie! ;)

Pele o!

Your boss must really like you.

If you don't really want a follow-up, you could have sent the "thank you" text from another phone, abi?

All the best with you and the randy doc.

... I'm still waiting for you on googleTalk.

Geebee said...

Hmmm watch ur back gurl, especially since the doctor is randy. Statistics have shown that girls who are ill kinda get easily attracted to their doctors, especially when the doctor is male and good to behold (maybe thats why it was so easy to give Doctor Randy ur number). I'm a psychologist of some sort lol.

Sorry abt ur illness Glad u're back on ur feet now. Looking forward to the continuation of the 'Doctor Randy' story Take care.
Meanwhile, i think u got the luckiest job in the world. If I had such benefits at HEVI ENERGY, Id probably earn like 500 naira a month when they've deducted all the bills for the leverages. Lucky you o!

Rebirth said...

that sounds like an understanding boss....... good to know ur ok...... oh well, dont blame Dr Randy..... he has seen a good thing and doesnt want to let go...... thanx for coming to by blog.....

Yewande Atanda said...

I never knew giving Randy Doctor my number would result in big trouble...How I wish I'd...

I'll leave you to watch out for the next update. Meanwhile, let me reply some comments.

@lg
thanks jare. may God deliver me from dis Randy Doctor o!

Aloofar
thanks for the concern. i made the mistake of texting with my DL. i wanted to send the text with my mum's phone but forgot. see me see trouble.
thanks for the google chat. hope to hear frm u again.

@gbengasile
thanks for the comment. its already late to watch out for the Randy Doctor. more yarn later.
How's ur pikin doing?

@Fumms
yes my boss is an understanding person jare. after my God and mum, i think the next is him, cos he's bin there for me in a lot of ways.

Buttercup said...

Aww thank God u r better now...ur boss had better employ other capable people, u cant keep shoulderin so much responsibility at the risk of ur health..

Nawa for the doctor o..

Anonymous said...

Good thing u're feeling better now...lol @ randy doc's story...can't wait for an update on y'all's status...

Lati said...

Babe...kpele! Thank God for your health!! Stay safe!

Thank God for your boss...u r truly blessed babe! I wish there r more bosses like yours...so many other girls will have opportunity to survive.

Randy doc...ok I dnt like the part where he was trying to touch and eat u up....dats yucky! PERV!!!

And y do Naij guys believe paying a girl's bill will get them in her good book?...nonsense

If he liks you..he should just ask you out...simply as a ABC!

Nyhoo babes...im waiting for an update!

exschoolnerd said...

hope u r betta now..sha rora with randy doctor oh!!

Yewande Atanda said...

@buttercp
i am trying to influence my boss to get more hands. its not the best to overwork oneself. the job is keeping me too busy these days. i can't go to party, can't get visitors, can't hang out. i'm tired jare.

@the avartsy poverty foundation
thanks for the concern. i'm bera now and will soon yarn about the 'despirado' doc.

@latifa
dat's naija guys for u. they feel paying ur bill places a kind of responsibility on you. for me, i don't see dat as a reason to consider any request. i just follow my heart.

@exschoolnerd
thanks big sista. i'm trying to be careful but it seems the doc is smarter o!

@all
THANKS for showing concern on my health. i'll update on my encounter with the randy doctor asap.

princesa said...

The title should have been Hospital romance,lol!

Waiting to hear more gists.

Yewande Atanda said...

@princesa
hospital romance indeed!

bumight said...

hmn...doctor and patient! lol

Rayo said...

ur boss seems to be a rili nice fellow. as per this doctor, tread lytly oh.

Anonymous said...

thank you for viewing my page. i saw your blog too. nice......nice...bravo
yewande Atanda i really appreciate your comment

Smaragd said...

just tell me you guys are ge'ing married or something.

Yewande Atanda said...

@bumight
na real doc vs. patient war o!

@rayo
will surely watch my back.

@salem
u're welcome

@smaragd
married ke! dont let my boyfi hear u o! no 'koba' me o.

musco said...

1st time here!

i think i agree 4 d first time wit Aloofaa.

? said...

Glad you are back...:)

Lati said...

dats how it shud be babes!! follow ur heart!!! I cnt wait to hit Naij...they gonna take me 4 a mental case...cos I will just be lool at some dudez mehn!!

drop ur gmail addy! or write to honeyglow@gmail.com, hence I will add u to my gtalk! ;-)

Yewande Atanda said...

@musco
welcome to Wande Blogworld. what do u want me to offer u, coke or Fanta?

@reii
yeah! back for REAL.

@latifa
can't wait to see u 'kolo' when u hit naija. sure u'll find Lagos different cos the environments are now neater. thanks to BRF jare.

will holla at u via G-chat. safe!

Egoh Salem said...

so what happened thereafter?
Did you guys lived hapilly everafter?
Nice story and thang God you were not pregnant. i wonder what your parenst would have done.
i will like to see the end of the story.
thank you for viewing my page

LG said...

omoge' how ur bodi??
i don dey xpect u since yesterday o' yess i don update :p

princekay123 said...

Y'Wande Baby,

Hope you are now feeling better. You need to avoid 'overtime' work if you really want to stay healthy. Working hard pays, but not at the expense of your health.

I hope that Doctor Wale (Oh you said that is not his name) is not trying to corner you o. Tell him to go and queue up (Mo saju e de). I will send Mopol and agbero (www.agbero.blogspot.com) after him, even if he lives in Obama's America.
(Are you laughing?)

Well, wishing you "quickest" (is it quicker or soonest) recovery.

tankojjetty said...

eeya....on top all the partying for October....
you're surely destined for great things cause you're still in school and can still shoulder the "burden" of your firm....
still waiting for the doctor gist o
ciao

Yewande Atanda said...

@salem
lived happily thereafter ke? you're a real comedian o! don't worry, i'll update very soon.

@lg
nice post sista. at least i've tested my IQ.

@princekay123
can i call you "agbaya"? leave me and doctor alone. i am already singing "Fall in Love (D'banj)"

@tankojjetty
thanks. i'll update asap.

Cappuccine Baby said...

Pele o

Lmao @Randy doctor :D

Anonymous said...

Hmmmm....Yewande & the randy doctor. That would fit a nollywood title o. lol. Is that the picture of your hospital room? Hope you're feeling much better now. And pls try and update us if you've planned any outing with the randy doctor o. lol

Remi, United Kingdom said...

hey thanks for visiting..
Kai... our doctors sha. well man was using the opportunity available eh? You can't blame him lol
I hope you are feeling better though. Have a great weekend.
Much Love

Afronuts said...

Gosh! there are still perverts like that in the medical profession. kai!

How u doing now? Hope u're feeling beta?

FineBoy Agbero said...

Wande baby, thanx for all d wahala wey u don give me on my blog!!

Awww, so u were ill abi? Pele o.

So na doctor u dey eye now abi? If u no eye am, why u dey send am mssg with ur fone?!!!

anyway, how body? hope u don dey fine patapata?

Teeee said...

I'm happy your better now babe. You really got double dose medicine, lol. I really can't wait to see how this drama unfolds? Ni bolo wa?

xxxxx

jaynnet said...

Hiya..I saw ur comment on my blog...Thanx
Nice and interesting peice..I love it..I cant wait for the update jareh..hope this dockita is not married gurlly!!lol

jaynnet said...

oopps did I just ask a silly question..wave it k..I mixed it up..lol

Lati said...

pls come back sweets!! how r u?