Wednesday, September 24, 2008

MUST WE DO IT?

pix: cross section of people present at a party held in Lag recently. The first two from left are my friends.

Is it really true that we are the architects of our troubles? Why do we always do things that eventually inconvenient us? Must we do it! Must we go to that party half-naked? Must we date our friend’s boyfi? Must we hang around him eventhough it is crystal clear he’s got a life-partner? Must we pretend we don’t love him though we had sleepless nights because of this same person? Why must we do those things?

The questions are endless…

I wonder why people deliberately cause havoc for themselves. I wonder why we cannot learn how to comport ourselves. I wonder why we dress scandalously. I wonder why we lie even when the situation doesn’t require it.

Why do we like to live like the other person?

Why do we drop honest comments only as an ANONYMOUS blogger?

Must we show off our curvy regions to attract the right people?

Why do we think innocent-looking girls are cheap and ward-spraying guys are mungu?

These were the questions that raced through my mind after reading LINDA IKEJI’s blogposts of 14/09/08 and 15/09/08. I still cannot come to terms with so many things we do everyday.

Sincerely, why do we do these things?

I’m sure you’re wondering why I am going philosophical. Its because of an experience a friend shared with me yesterday. I discovered that I am also guilty of the same crime, that’s why I am reflecting on it to ease the burden in my heart.











14 comments:

FineBoy Agbero said...

Ok, I carry 1st...

I think it's bcos we think d grass is always greener on d other side (and sometyms, it is!)

Can we really address behaviour like dis? I dont think so... It will be tantamount to wantin to reprogram how humans are. We are simply built like dat...

Yewande Atanda said...

yeah, u're right.

? said...

Olorun nikan loro yi ye

Sola Folowosele said...

Yewande get booty commumnity, your booty is the key to humanity, that's why u get booty immunity..."the first two from left" tempted me into singing..MO HIT ALL STARS track..do u understand?..i will be back shortly to read the text..right?

Sola Folowosele said...

yeah, im back as promised..nmmmh! so many "whys", so little answers..i think you people need to keep doing those things,that is wearing those half-naked garbs,having flings here n there with whoever..and all that..it is part of the intrigues of living.and of course "we" on this side do enjoy them, and we are not complaining..so lets see more clivages, more "curvy regions" and other "raw" zones..its sweeeeet, we looove them! baby

Unknown said...

lots of questions to ponder

princekay123 said...

Wande

I gat no comment to make about people's behaviours. We are all humans.

I love the pix. That babe in middle position is not bad.

Egbo Sola, it seems we have the same interest, hobby, passion and talent. Abi?

Yewande Atanda said...

@red eyes
i agree. sum tins are truly beyond human reasons. people before us wondered abt them, we still ponder abt them and people after us will still do. they are those ingredient dat makes the world go round.

@mr. sola
Booty Community indeed.

@invisible man
for how long do we continue to ponder and wonder?

@princekay123
thanks for the email and sms. you're really funny. how r u and work?

aloted said...

such deep questions..

i think it has a lot to do with self esteem issues...comparing ourselves to others...and bascially running away from who will truly are.

it has a lot to do with renewal of mind cuz this issues are deeply rooted in us.

thanks for stopping by mine...frist time here :)

Eyin'ju Oluwa said...

LOL@saying the truth only anonymously, its very ridiculous.

Sisterly thats just how life is...

I really want to update, but im not sure where to start, so much on my mind.

Yewande Atanda said...

@aloted
i agree with u. it has to do with running away from our own 'self', our essence. we only alienate ourself more when we want to be like others.

@omosewa
yeah. people do that. meanwhile, update fast-fast.

Lati said...

wow...so many right questions!!

Buttercup said...

i have no answer mehn..im also stickin to the 'we are humans' theory..

Anonymous said...

I've started posting my honest comments as myself. I am already ANON so it doesn't matter anymore. As my alias, Anya. I can be the sweetie, the encourager, the supporter, the bitch, the hater, you name it; i've been it. LOL..