Wednesday, September 3, 2008

My Date with 9ice

Can I join you angel,” was what I heard. It was an enticing voice with a persuasive tone. I turned back to see who is making this request. It turned out to be a guy with an intimidating physique. Yeah, very intimidating! He’s 6’1 tall, dark in complexion, lovely face with 1-1 tribal mark (the Egba type), neat and hairy, and averagely slim. He was putting on a T-Shirt with an inscription “Don’t Tell Your Mum When You Get Home” on a jean trouser, and a pair of sandal. He looked simple, neat and enticing. I couldn’t resist him. His face looked familiar. I started thinking and discovered he’s the RnB King – 9ice.

Can it be 9ice? I looked at him again, and again. It was 9ice – the reigning Hip Hop star that performed for Mandela recently in London. The same guy won 3 awards at Hip Hop World Award, and also has different nominations in his kitty. He is Abolore Adigun Alapomeji Akande!

“Why not? You can join me,” I replied while still observing him. I noticed he was holding a Black Berry phone and consciously dangling a key (It was a car key). I watch him carefully as he takes a sit close to me. Then I asked him “Are you 9ice?”

“Yes. I’m 9ice,” he said while trying to settle down on a sit beside me. “So what are you doing here. Are you not going for class” he asked and I replied promptly, “I am reading for some carry-over courses I’m rewriting this semester. That’s why I am here to read.”

We started gisting and before you say Jack Robinson, we’ve became acquainted like old friends. At exactly 6pm, we left the Lagoon Front for the Arts Block. We stayed there for another 30minutes before we finally left for our various hostels. He covered his face with a cap to prevent people from discovering him. Of course, we exchanged numbers. He called me three times that day before I slept.

DAY2
We met at the MTN Reference Library beside the Main Auditorium. He came there in company of five guys. He introduced them as ID Cabassa, Sayo, Ade, Tunde (his PA) and Konga (another known artiste). He told me they’re going for a show and will be back the next day. He called me 4 times again that day.

DAY3
We went to watch a film show at the Main Auditorium. It was a film produced by Kunle Afolayan, titled “Irapada” (Redemption). The movie is a classical one with an interesting story line. From the logical arrangement to coherent plot outline and quality diction to flawless narrative pattern, the film stands out. I really enjoyed it.
We laughed and laughed until the end of the movie. The film took almost all of our evening that day, as we were still at the auditorium till 8pm. After the film, I announced my intention to go back to the hostel and was ready to go.

“We need to talk,” 9ice said. “Let’s go inside the auditorium.” I followed him and we sat inside the hall. It was just two of us in the big hall. We sat face to face, looking deep into each other’s face. I noticed he was also stylishly staring at my cleavage, but I didn’t budge. For 5 minutes, he was staring at me speechlessly without uttering a word. I became nervous. Our (both of us) tension heightened, as the place became very silent. No noise, except for his heartbeat. I felt his pause breaking and his throat drying up. I was also tensed myself, but still in full control of my head.

“What do you want to say,” I broke the silence.

Instead of speaking, he came closer. He drew me closer and held my cheeks in his palms. Then he touched my lips, caressing it softly while saying some rubbish that I couldn’t comprehend. Then he straightened my neck and shoot out his neck, wanting to balance his lips with mine. As his lips reached mine…I woke up.

“Yewande, are you not going for lectures?” I heard the voice of my best friend and room mate, Laide.

“Oh God! It was a dream.” Gongo ti so!

19 comments:

LG said...

buhahahahahahahahahaha
oops!! sowwy dear beta luck next.....
*grins*

Yewande Atanda said...

@lg

tanks 4 mocking me. I just hop Tony Payne will not mind. I dnt mind sharing 9ice wit her.

princesa said...

lol!
Stop dreaming about 9ce o!
The bobo is very sold,lol!

Hope u will be at the SBR?

Chris Ogunlowo said...

If tony paine catch you, ehn?

RE: Sure, you can post a remix of the poem on my blog.

... and welcome to blogosphere.

Chris Ogunlowo said...

Maybe I'm odd, Maybe I'm not.

Good remix.

*applause*

Rayo said...

omo i don dey fear smal oh b4 u talk say na dream.

princekay123 said...

Na wah o! Dying for 9ice. Let Tony catch you. You will smell pepper.

Dami said...

thnx for visiting my blog :)

wow. i love the way you write.
i just didn't pause.
i wanted to get the the last sentence as fast as i could.

@ story...lol, nice one
too bad it was all a dream :(
or too good *wink*

Afrobabe said...

lmao....who knows, might just happen...

naijagal said...

lol that was hilarious! Good imagination oh! check me out sometime

http://naijagal.blogspot.com

KAM BABY said...

U want to thief Nice in ur dream abi? Let his girlie catch u. I wish ur friend didn't wake u up. I would have liked to hear the end of the dream.

Lol @ "he called me three times that night before i slept"

LG said...

habba!!! babes u no go update OR u still dream of 9....
berra wake up o *grins*

kay-shawn said...

Okay, until you said you woke up you actually got me fooled.

Nice one, really nice.

exschoolnerd said...

lol!!!!

when i saw the kissing part i was like shuoo...make t.p no go see this o!

Unknown said...

you are really crushing 9ice
don't let Toni payne hear
but once a crush is said out loud
it has no power over you anymore
its the silent crushers
we need to be worried about

Sola Folowosele said...

i think you shd go into script writing for Nollywood

Yewande Atanda said...

@Sola,

thanks for the compliment. I'm still considering that aspect of showbiz.
can u help?

Lati said...

lmaooooooooooooooo..Wendy the story teller!!!

I might steal ur story and substitute Dbanj for 9ice!!! But i'm truly loving this girl!!

Buttercup said...

oh my word..dang! u got me!!!